I’m sure you know by now that Adobe has announced Creative Suite 4. Most important to me is Illustrator CS4. I was going to write a comprehensive breakdown of all the new features, but found others have done it better. Instead, I rounded up the best articles and videos I’ve found about the launch of Illustrator CS4. I am going to wait until I have CS4 in my hands to do a comprehensive review.
Adobe Illustrator CS4
Below is a quick breakdown of the new features and enhancements for Illustrator CS4. For a more in-depth review of the new features, check out some of the links in the post.
- Multiple Artboards – Create documents containing up to 100 artboards of varying sizes.
- Transparency In Gradients – Define the opacity of any individual color stop in a gradient.
- Blob Brush Tool – A Brush that creates a single vector shape.
- Gradients Exposed – Better gradient interaction.
- Enhanced User Experience – Enhanced user interface.
- In-Panel Appearance Editing – Edit object characteristics directly in the Appearance Panel.
- Refined Graphic Styles Clipping Masks Demystified – Work with masks more easily.
- Separations Preview – Preview the separation of a file before print
Adobe Illustrator CS4 – Adobe page devoted to Illustrator CS4 where you can learn about the new features, get tips, reasons to upgrade, and purchase options.
Illustrator CS4 Artboard – Illustrator CS4’s new Multi Artboard video.
Illustrator CS4 Multi Artboards – More on Illustrator CS4’s new Multi Artboard video.
Illustrator CS4 Blob Brush – Illustrator CS4’s new Blob Brush video.
Illustrator CS4 Gradients – Illustrator CS4’s updated Gradients video.
Illustrator CS4 Appearance Panel – Illustrator CS4’s updated Appearance Panel video.
First Look: Adobe Illustrator CS4 – Summary, breakdown, and videos of Illustrator CS4 (awesome).
Real World Illustrator
Illustrator CS4: The Facts – A comprehensive guide to all the new features and updates to Illustrator CS4 from Mordy Golding.
Illustrator CS4 New Features – A couple of videos showing the new Illustrator CS4 features.
Since CS4 was just announced, there is going to be a great deal more information coming out on Illustrator CS4. I will keep updating good articles, posts, and video I find on the Vectips Twitter feed. If you don’t follow Vectips on Twitter, the Vectips site will update with my Twitter feed in the sidebar.
At this point I have seen enough with the Multi Artboards, Blob Brush, and Gradient enhancements that I a going to upgrade. Are you?